martes, 26 de junio de 2012

Introduction

I am Lucas Zocco, a quirky international student at Nottingham University. For quite a few years I've tried to go to South Korea to study and my trip to this far land will be the starting point of this blog. I will describe my experiences here for all to read and hopefully provide an entertaining resource for anyone wishing to do a similar trip as I am doing. I realize that South Korea isn't the most common destination, especially for those of us who do not speak Korean, but it is a challenge I am willing to take on.

I really like travelling, and I often find it hard to remain in just 1 country without getting bored. I will explain why I chose South Korea as my destination as I have done many times in the past and which my friends have asked out of me more times than I care to remember; I am well aware that many of the reasons for this will be rather arbitrary and often ridiculous, bear with me as that's how I am.

I rather liked South Korea's flag, this drove me to research the country a bit more and as such I found a wealth of reasons hereby described:
- They have become a developed nation in 50 years
- They are sandwiched between China and Japan (great for a weekend getaway)
- Their language seems nice and funky
- Daegu FC is my favourite football team
- They are basically a technology Mecca
- They have that far-eastern architecture that I like so much
- They are nothing like anywhere I've ever been before

So, if you don't mind I'll just get this started and post on my first day of the South Korean Challenge (like how that sounds :P)!!!

Lucas

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario